Monday, June 19, 2006
It’s been a while since I last did any charity, or anything at all to help ppl... And I can say that it always always feels good to make someone happy, and to share what we have with others. Last sat, I thank God for a chance to do just that. Ganesh our class rep just called me to go to Santa Jerome home to help out some kids.. and I just agreed(dun even know what is it, what to do)… I normally would think a long time bout it..but this time its just..OK lah.. do what?? Dunno…just go la..and pick up these ppl osso…

So..with a bit of faith, not knowing anything at all…we went at 9 am.. and didn have any trouble at all finding the place. After introducing ..all they call me is UN---CLE!’(now im really starting to get old)..and waited for a while..started by teaching them a cup game.. I gotta admit..its just too hard for some of them..and within half an hour.. everywan turned to do their own stuff with the cups…(kids got short attention span) for those who managed to follow.. we just did 2 rounds of cup game and that’s it.. Vickie took over for some warm up game that got all of their butt pointing in all directions…

Then, its time to sing some songs…and I got the biggest shock when they took out violins!! One after another… but none of them can really play.. so I tried to teach them a bit….but learning violin isn’t that easy and I onli managed to teach two lines of the Sunday school song.’jesus loves me this I know..for the bible tells me so..’.. and the rest just joined in and sing. I learned later that they used to have a teacher, but she left after a month. Its such a waste having 6 or 7 violins there but no one plays it! I have a strong feeling that this is what God is telling me to do there.

Finally, we taught them some homework…. little Kartik is just too smart for his age. All the books he use is just too simple for him.



Its time to go off at 1215 pm. Its been a JOY seeing the smiles on the kids face.. and ill certainly think about going back there to teach them..at least 1 song. God has once again blessed me and I hope I can be a blessing to these kids too..

 
posted by Ernest at 9:11 AM |


2 Comments:


At 3:01 PM, Blogger Douglas

Uncle, i wan to buy power ranger toy...can giv me money?? wuahahhahaa....

dude proud of u man, doin charity. I dun think i've the patients to do charity, haha no patients lead to anger..n anger lead to the dark side..i ain't gonna be a jedi man...shit crap coming out di....

anywayz...haha keep up the good work

 

At 5:03 AM, Blogger Ernest

aiya..depends what kinda charity la..kids are fun to play with...but i hate those fund raiser..call ppl buy stuff..like salesman..that i cant stand